Described below are some of the Encon club activities that can be carried out in schools and colleges.
1. Observation of important days: Earth Hour, World Environment Day (5th June) and so on.
2. Organising awareness Talks, Seminars, etc. on Trends in Energy Conservation and Environment protection by knowledgeable speakers for the student community as well as for the parents & teachers.
3. Each newly joining staff and retiring staff to plant a tree at the School/College premises.
4. One day Encon awareness and leadership programme.
5. Setting up herbal / medicinal garden inside the school/college premises.
6. Brain storming sessions to find improvement opportunities.
7. Wiping electric bulbs/ tubes at least once in a year to save energy and to get more light.
8. Plastic pit for proper disposal of plastic waste.
9. Proper disposal of broken bulbs and tubes.
10. Proper disposal of e-waste.
11. Rain water harvesting scheme.
12. Water Quality Assessment with the help of chemistry/zoology depts.
13. Vermi compost / Biogas generation from food/canteen waste.
14. Look for clean fuel solutions.
15. Practical solutions to slow down global warming.
16. Organise exhibitions on energy / environment
17. Organise cycle rally, 'Kootta Nadatham' etc. with banners, placards etc. to propagate the theme of energy conservation.
18. Conduct "Cleanliness awareness week"
19. Good driving habits / cooking habits awareness programme for students/parents.
20. Conduct an "IDEAS 2009" competition for fresh methods of waste utilization and energy conservation.
21. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle programme.
22. Environmental awareness for a "Better World".
23. A squad work of Encon students to find places where utilization of electrical energy, water utilization etc. can be minimized.
24. Visit to nature important places.
25. Review monthly energy usage in schools/Colleges
26. A mid-year planning meeting in September.
27. An Encon celebration at the end of the school year.
28. Contribute articles to local newspaper/Journals.
29. Class room beautification contest.
30. Organic farming.
Any other programme which you think meaningful in this direction.
Support that can be expected from BPCL Kochi Refinery
a. Provide resource persons for conducting awareness classes in the member institutions.
b. Opportunity for students of Encon Club member institutions to visit BPCL Kochi refinery.
c. Organise intercollegiate / inter school Quiz competition annually in BPCL KR premises.
d. Best Encon Club award for the most performing Encon Club.
e. Sponsor prizes for the competitions you conduct to promote energy conservation / environment protection in your own institutions.
f. Organise Staff coordinators meet of Encon Clubs.
g. Organise awareness / leadership programme for student leaders (President/Secretary) of Encon Clubs of member institutions.
h. A dedicated Encon website for members to interact with BPCL KR officials and to know more about energy conservation and environment protection activities.
i. Provides nature films/CDs/Literature to exhibit/disseminate at Encon Club programmes.